Monday, October 22, 2012

What's This Then?


It seems that every new blog must have some sort of explanation or mission statement for its commencement. I am not a conformist by any means, but I must admit, it is hard to resist giving a little preview of what I have in mind here. So, without further ado, I shall conform.

They say “everyone has at least one book in them,” and some even go so far as to say a “good” one. I have noticed that they never go on to say that everyone gets that one book published, receives a big ole check, and eats steak instead of frozen pizza for the rest of his days. Well, we won’t try to figure out who they are at the moment, but I do enjoy writing different kinds of things, and I feel like there is certainly enough there to fill a volume or two.

I am a Christian man, and you can usually pick up on that, whether I write something serious, or humorous. I have also always loved to teach, to help others understand, and if possible, be there for that moment when someone finally “gets it.” Writing is one way to do that. I have to small boys that I look forward to teaching more complicated things one day (if they will listen). But the truth is that as fast as time flies, tomorrow is not guaranteed. So, I figured that the best thing to do was to bring all these things together. Whenever I have something serious to say, or something humorous and uplifting, or a word of instruction that could be of help to someone – maybe even for my boys one day – this is where it will be.

This is free of charge. I do consider myself a servant of others, and try to practice it consistently, though I confess it is hard to do. Therefore, I offer this as a public service, and from this point forward, each post that follows will be a public servant’s announcement from yours truly.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment